Rates and Fees
Each year, the Legislature passes its “State Agency Fees and Internal Service Fund Rate Authorization and Appropriations” bill. This bill lists the rates and fees the Department of Government Operations is authorized to charge for services provided.
The authorized rates and fees for a specific fiscal year may be found by following the appropriate link available in this section. This legislation also authorizes GovOps to charge fees when it responds to a request made under the Government Records Access and Management Act (For the fees in effect between July 1, 2023, and June 30, 2024, see GovOps GRAMA fees, See SB0008 (2023), lines 1775 through 2827).
Unlike the private sector, GovOps can’t change what it charges for services without legislative approval. Approved rates and fees are available under “Rates and Fees”.
For programs that operate like a business (those that charge rates) statute requires GovOps to present proposed rates to a governor-appointed rate committee. GovOps provides the committee with a comprehensive rate information packet that provides data about each of the department’s internal service fund programs and requests for related rate changes. The Rate Committee may approve, increase, or decrease rates. It recommends proposed rates to the Governor and the Infrastructure and General Government appropriations subcommittee.
- Information about the rate committee, the rate process, and information about who serves on the committee may be found in Utah Code Section 63A-1-114.
- When does the rate committee meet?
The Rate Committee generally meets annually mid-September in which GovOps' ISF divisions will present their rate proposals and the Rate Committee will vote to approve the rate recommendations to be submitted for approval in the free bill.
Find out when the committee meets; select “State”, “Department of Government Operations”, and “Rate Committee”
- Previous Meetings and Related Information
- 2025 ISF Rates - Committee Meeting(s)
- 2024 ISF Rates - Committee Meeting(s)
- 2023 ISF Rates - Committee Meeting(s)
- Sign up for notifications to Rate Committee Meetings through the Utah Public Notice Website here.